Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Food Network

If the television is on, I'm watching the Food Network, Animal Planet, TLC, the Travel Channel or HGTV.

That means the traditional network offerings are not what I want to watch. Although I do watch things like "Dancing With the Stars" and "So YouThink You Can Dance?" I watch those shows because I really think I can dance. But ask my dance teachers and they'll just laugh.

I really do like to watch the Food Network. My favorite chef is Tyler Florence for the obvious reason, but his recipes look pretty good, too.

So I was amused to find out that there's a little controversy going on about Giada De Laurentiis' attire on her shows.

Apparently, TV Guide had a little blurb in the June 11 issue in the "Cheers & Jeers: Readers' Edition." A reader named Deborah L. Deel of Christiansburg, Va., wrote: "She must be sooooooo proud of her breasts. Who is she trying to turn on -- the cameraman? It's really kind of sad and pathetic."

I like Giada, and I never really noticed what she was wearing. What annoys me about her is that fakey smile.

TV Guide got tons of mail about Deel's comments and the June 25 issue has a whole page of comments pro and con about Giada's clothing.

The funniest one came from Rob Melcore of Manassas, Va. "I love to watch her stir those ingredients in her low-cut tops. If Ms. Deel wants sexless cooking, she should watch Rachael Ray."

Woo hoo!

I really don't like Rachael Ray. Talk about annoying.

And I know several people who have had to deal with her and they call her a name that rhymes with "witch."

All three of those people say she treats her staff like dirt and she turns on that smile when the camera is turned on. As soon as filming is done, she's berating the staff and cursing at them.

Not a nice woman.

The June 30 issue is on the stands until the Fourth of July, so if you want to read more, pick one up at the grocery store.

1 comment:

Troy Heard said...

Hahaha....okay, Sandra...NOW you're getting the hang of this blog thing. Move over Perez Hilton!