Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Project Runway

The challenge was to make an evening gown based on something from nature. So they went to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, where the remaining designers, Jerell Scott, Kenley Collins, Korto Momolu and Leanne Marshall, took photos of flowers.

Then they purchased fabrics and made gorgeous gowns.

The judges said even though Jerell won the competition, they couldn't choose between the other three for the final three to compete to show during Fashion Week in Bryant Park.

So all four will go home to create their runway shows for Fashion Week. 

After the judges see all four collections, one of them will be eliminated.

Gosh, I'm glad I didn't have to choose. Though if I did, I would definitely have chosen Korto and Jerell. I've always been annoyed with Leanne. But it's probably more about her voice than her talent. Kenley is just kind of disrespectful and defensive.

I've seen what they did for the runway. (Go to bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com for previews of each designers' collections.) I still don't know which one will be eliminated next week. And of the collections, I truly don't know which one will win.

As I've said all along, this season's designers are just not up to par to past seasons. I just don't know what it is. I've talked to friends who watch the show religiously and they agree with me.

Well, we'll find out soon enough who wins this season.

No comments: