Thursday, July 26, 2007

Woo hoo!

My mother has been moved from ICU into a room at St. Francis Hospital.

It's amazing how quickly she's getting better.

Tuesday, when she came out of surgery, it was really scary. Her face was all swollen and her eyes were shut tight. We had a little scare Tuesday afternoon when her blood pressure dropped for no reason. But in a little while, she was back up to normal levels. We still don't know what happened.

Yesterday, the ventilator was removed and she could talk a little bit.

Today, she looks almost normal. Like I said, it's amazing how quickly she's recovering.

I have to thank all my friends for their love and support. I think we're still going to need all your prayers because she still has a long way to go.

But she's on her way to recovery. Before we know it, it will be December and we'll be on our way to Japan for a long-awaited visit.

Again, thank you for your prayers, phone calls and visits.

No comments: