Friday, May 4, 2007

More puppy drama

I've had several calls asking about Pookie Belle. Thank you for asking about her.

She's almost back to normal. But I think I've spent more money on her than for my own health care this year!

Now that's she's OK, I found out that Pete is doing poorly. My brother Fred, and his wife, Cheryl, own two Chihuahuas (Pete and Ginger) and a Corgi-mix (Boo Boo).

Since they moved to that six-acre spread on Jenkins Road, they put a fence around the back for the dogs to run around in.

Cheryl was near the barn with the dogs and since she was working in the yard, she didn't pay attention to where Pete went. All of a sudden, Pete was streaking toward here, screaming in pain. Two stray dogs had attacked him and he was covered in blood. Cheryl said they were big dogs and Pete barely weighs 5 pounds.

Fred and Cheryl rushed him to Dr. Patrice Dunn, whom I've known for years, at the Cooper Creek Animal Hospital. Patrice patched him up and sent him home. The next day, Fred said poor Pete's side was swollen.

So they took him back to the hospital Wednesday. Patrice operated on him Thursday morning. I called Fred earlier but didn't get an answer.

I'm hoping he's OK.

Like I said, puppy trauma/drama.

I'm truly hoping this is it for a while. It's costing us a fortune!

No comments: