Monday, March 17, 2008

Deli Day

I love Deli Day!

This year's is 11 a.m.-2 p.m. April 3 at Temple Israel, 1617 Wildwood Ave.

As usual, it features a quarter-pound Kosher corned beef sandwich, coleslaw, pickle, potato chips and iced tea for $9. Homemade desserts are $3.50 each.

As much as I loved the corned beef, it's the desserts I go for every year.

It's to die for. Really.

And the money goes to benefit the hungry in the Wynnton area who are served through the houses of worship in that area.

Up until last year, I just went and ate and socialized with everyone.

Last year, my friend Gail Greenblatt said I needed to see what all those ladies (and some gentlemen) did to pull this off. I can tell you that after making countless sandwiches, I was happy to sit down and eat.

I'm doing it again this year.

If you want more information, call 706-323-1617.

No comments: