Sunday, June 17, 2007

Super Market

Hey, if you haven't been to the market on the 1000 block of Broadway on Saturday, it's not too late.

It's nothing like the Morning Market I'm used to in Charleston, S.C., but for a fledgling market, it's not too bad.

But if you're not a morning person, you may be disappointed.

There were no salad greens to speak of last Saturday when we got there about 11:15 a.m. We had a late start Saturday morning, so it's really our fault.

But Cheryl Wilson had this wonderful cinnamon raisin bread. Like a dummy, I shared it with two of my sisters. I should have kept the whole loaf.

My niece, Jessica, bought some vegan muffins that were really good. They would have been better with butter, but ... Jessica announced when she came home from the University of Florida that she's been a vegan for about two months now. She's been a vegetarian for about two years. Her brother, Scott, has been a vegetarian about seven years now.

Being carnivores, we (meaning her father, my sisters and I) cannot understand how this happened!

I'm sure Jess and Scott are ever so much healthier than we are. But our food is so much tastier!

The market will continue through July and it's every Saturday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. There's music and artists and you'll see lots of your friends. At least I did.

It's fun and you should support all the local farmers and Cheryl, who just started the Downtown Baking Co.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carnivore: An animal that feeds chiefly on the flesh of other animals.


Omnivore: An animal whose normal diet includes both plants and animals.

Troy Heard said...

Have you SEEN this woman at a salad bar? She eschews the sprouts for the bacon bits! Carnivore...is fitting...